Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Devil's Eyes, & The Hand of Evil

Because some have asked questions regarding my post the other day: The serial killer was Leslie Allen Williams and he is (thank heavens) incarcerated way up north serving consecutive life terms with no chance of parole. The year was 1992. The gas station he worked at was a Speedway station in South Lyon. All 4 murdered girls ranged in age from 14 to 18, and were taken between Sept 1991 and Jan 1992. I encountered him in May, 1992. The 5th victim, who had been found alive in the trunk of his car, was 35 at the time. I was almost 31 at the time. For 20 years I thought I'd been "out of his target zone" because of my age...but I discovered just this week that I'd misremembered all this time about #5---I thought she'd been 18. Apparently he had shifted his target zone right at the time of our "encounter." And although I can't blame the station, I never have and never will return to it.

The poem is posted at the link below. A friend of 2 of the girls discovered the poem on another site in 2009 and thanked me for allowing all 4 girls to not be forgotten.
http://dmkraft.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-touched-hand-of-evil.html

No comments:

Post a Comment